Professional and business liability insurance

Don't risk it as an independent professional

Professional and business liability insurance (or: BAV in Dutch) covers you as an Independent Professional against professional errors. It concerns negligence, inaccuracies, faulty advice, mistakes and wrong actions. This concerns financial damage caused to the client as a result of your professional actions. Request your insurance below.
Vul het aanmeldformulier in en ontvang binnen 24 uur je verzekeringscertificaat. Let op: Dit is not offerte

Now with a FREE startup membership worth €49,50


Our freelancers work for:

For you

Download the ZP Zaken insurance guide

Download our handy overview of professional liability insurance and business liability insurance (BAV) for you as an Independent Professional. Everything written in an understandable way. This guide is in Dutch.

For you

Do I need this insurance as a professional?

Many Self-employed Professionals who work are not properly insured. The financial damage that occurs to your client as a result of incorrect professional action can be very large. In order to properly cover you against this damage, we have developed a business risk scan, which gives you insight into the risk you run during your assignment. 

Please note: many clients and intermediaries in The Netherlands require Professional and business liability insurance

A selection of the intermediars:

Een vergoeding

At the bottom of the line you can count on reimbursement of costs that you need to defend and compensate your interests, regardless of whether the claim is justified.

Beroeps- en bedrijfsaansprakelijkheid

ZP Zaken offers a combined insurance. Very convenient, everything arranged in one go!

The coverage

What does an insurance actually cover as standard?

Materiële schade

This is a supplement that covers you against material damage caused during your work.

Juridisch verweer

The insurance also covers legal defence, the statutory interest and the costs you incur to prevent or limit damage.

For you

The professional liability insurance covers the financial loss suffered by the client/third parties that is caused by the Independent Professional in the exercise of his or her profession.

Kind of insurance:

Company liability

Professional liability

Per claim:

€ 2.500.000,-

€ 5.000.000,-

Per insurance year for all self-employed persons together:

€ 5.000.000,-

€ 15.000.000,-


The insurable sectors


Frequently asked questions from professionals

This Professional and business liability insurance with ZP Zaken has an annual premium starting from €600. 

Due to the agreement that we have concluded with our partner HISCOX, we can offer this insurance to our members at an advantageous premium.

At ZP Zaken you get both insurance policies on 1 policy. It's really that easy!

Not sure yet?

Leave a callback request
and we will go through your questions together

The Insurance Covers of ZP Zaken are only accessible to ZP Zaken members. ZP Zaken does not act in any way as a financial service provider or intermediary as stipulated under the Wft. The information provided will be treated with strict confidentiality. ZP Zaken works together with Verheij Groep b.v., which is registered in the register (Financial Supervision Act) with the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets under license number: 12047654. ZP Zaken only offers you a purchasing advantage as a member. To make use of our purchasing advantage, you must therefore be a member of ZP Zaken or become a member. If it is established that a policy has been taken out without the insured (or his partner) being a member, ZP Zaken has the right to send an invoice to the amount of the individual contribution.